"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Oct 4, 2023

Jealous of the Dead

It's the first full day of our Un-Democracy.  We should all PAUSE and reflect on what's been lost overnight.  It's like the breakup of a marriage, when each party points the finger at the other and swears,

"It's all YOUR fault!"

in order to bolster their self-centered perspectives.

It's BOTH their faults, in a marriage or in Congress.  Why are we electing children to the highest offices in the land?  That's rhetorical.

Once again I find myself being jealous of the dead.  I can't imagine what life will be like if someone like Jim Jordan is elected as the next Speaker of the House.

He likely won't be challenged by Gaetz because they're both in Trump's pockets.  Never mind that Gaetz has been accused of sex with an underage girl; or that Jordan turned a blind eye to sex abuse while an assistant coach at Ohio State.  That doesn't matter much when we're faced with the possibility of a convicted rapist becoming our leader.

So, what does that mean?  Assailants can raped, grope and assault with impunity; and their victims, denied abortions, will be forced to have their bastard's bastards.

We've lost our credibility on the world stage, despite the Biden administration's (now empty) assurances that we're still strong.  Nobody believes that anymore.

We'll turn our backs on Ukraine and support Russia, they won't say that, of course.  Years ago, during the Trump administration, I wrote a letter pleading for political asylum, "Dear President Putin".  Doesn't seem so far-fetched now.

Why is everyone so afraid of Trump?  He's one of the top-three bullies on the planet, and what have we supposedly taught children about bullies?  That's a lost argument, since kids can see for themselves how bullies, con-artists and liars (aka George Santos) are rewarded.

So yes, I am Jealous of the Dead, and very sorry I'll be forced to live through the next couple decades.  As I type, President Biden is announcing 9 million in student debt forgiveness.  I've not been behind that 100% but I understand his rationale:

Young people need to be poked in their sides to become participants in politics.  How else can we break the hypnosis of Smart Phones?

What a world.

2 comments:

  1. Andrea I enjoyed reading this . Smartly written and to the point !
    Did you really once want to live under Putins government ? OMG , what in the world were you smoking ?!!!
    I supppose if I was a teen or young adult seeing what I see I’d lose all hope . My concern is that while these congressman and senators waste precious time , regressing in schoolyard kinda spites , our enemies are progressing and plotting and improving their resources and brain power .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tongue-in-cheek, not to worry

      Delete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.