"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Jul 2, 2022

I Paid $6.99 a Gallon

 ...during last week's trip to my Uncle's funeral service in central California.  That was the price for cash, but I do use Premium in my 2004 model.  Before I headed South I anticipated spending $7 a gallon, that way I wouldn't go into shock, and I was happy I did.

But I didn't know how many gallons it would take to get to Los Banos and back.  I added 1500 miles to my odometer and the gas wound up costing about $400, I may have missed a receipt.  So when I hear reports of gas costing as much as $4.64, I laugh.  If that's what you're paying, you don't know how good you've got it.

What really surprised me was that every gas station, no matter the brand, had the exact same price.  Shell, Chevron, Arco - no matter, Premium was $6.99.  When's the last time you've seen that?

I continue to be amazed at the number of massive RV's keeping our park full.  It's the July 4th weekend, the weather's been cooperating and everyone's hoping for a good time.  I'm hoping to hang in my hammock.

4 comments:

  1. Good morning
    Yes Ca gas prices are way over the national avg. No-one really has a definitive answer to the high gas prices, except that we have the best highways in the nation and that costs $. If it wasn't for the amount of cars and trucks on the freeways, traveling the full length of the state would be a breeze.
    I use regular fuel in my 2013 F150 Ecoboost and my 2018 Explorer. Premium gas is NOT recommended. You must have one big beast of a motor in your 2004 vehicle to require Premium Octane fuel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually drive much, and when I bought it looked up what was suggested. However, I'll read your article, thanks!

      Delete
  2. enjoy the hammock. Gas is unbelievable, yet folks in Europe have always paid 2x or more as much as we have. Hence, smaller cars years ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in the 1970's European gas was about $4 a LITER!

      Delete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.