"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Jun 12, 2022

It's Against My Nature

 ...to remain silent in the face of injustice.  However, I am speechless at the January 6th hearings and the Republican politicians who are trying to sweep this debacle under the rug.

They should be swept out of power, and I certainly hope any school shooting survivors old enough to vote will vote OUT the likes of Jim Jordan, Ted Cruz, Kevin McCarthy, Ron de Santis and Greg Abbott; the list grows. Bunch of liars, to our collective faces. How did we ever get to the point of appointing such hate-filled politicians?  Geez, if you're gay, black, an immigrant and/or poor, places to live in peace are becoming fewer and fewer.

Even here at the RV resort, we had to look up a flag which turned out to be The Punisher, proudly flown below Betsy Ross's Old Glory on an enormous flagpole attached to a 5th-wheel from Utah. They weren't asked to take it down because they were leaving shortly; but a note was added to their record in case they want to come back.  If you don't know the significance of the Punisher, here's what we learned last week:

"Marvel’s anti-hero, The Punisher, has been emblemized by the far-right. Flags depicting The Punisher’s logo, an angular, white skull, were deployed on January 6 by members of The Proud Boys, The Oath Keepers, and unaffiliated rioters to signify the failures of law and order."  From Decoding Hate.  

Click to read how the character's co-creator feels about the emblem being misappropriated by inbreds.  Not everyone who waves this is a White Supremecist but the chances are pretty good, so if you meet someone wearing this, confront their bigotry or RUN, preferable the former.

"There's not a whole lot of new news," Don Bacon, R-NE, said about the initial January 6th hearing, and we're hearing similar views by the rest of the GOP.  I thought it was pretty compelling.  God, where's a wastebucket to throw up?  Oh, I used it after watching 5 minutes of the Real Housewives of Slutville.

I was going to go to the movies to see the latest Top Gun but was afraid I'd ask my fellow movie-goers upfront whether they're Trump supporters and/or believe Jan 6th was a garden party (I suspect at least one of them).  This followed watching a snippet of Thursday's hearing.  I may have to work with such people but I sure as hell don't have to spend my free time with them.  A pouring rainstorm not only provided my excuse but dissolved the other's enthusiasm so I dodged a bullet.  It would have been totally inappropriate to ask, and then next to impossible to keep Amy under wraps for hours.

I no longer believe this country can come together, sorry to write.  I'm just glad I don't have children because there's absolutely no reason for me to worry about things that haven't happened yet, like overturning Roe vs Wade and criminalizing trans-genders.

I'm a Senior who will most likely emigrate elsewhere, New Zealand now my first choice (my maternal grandfather's homeland).  I've no doubt that people will declare, "Oh, you can't," for one reason or another, but they don't know my resourcefulness and determination, inherited from ALL my ancestors who emegrated here from elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.