"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Jul 8, 2021

Still Around

 

Still painting. I'm getting a chance to experiment with faux finishes to my heart's delight. When I paint for someone else I usually try to know what I'm doing, but with my own stuff the sky's the limit. I start working in a spot and the painting develops over time. I do the same with my gourds.

So I was in Walmart the other day, talking to the cashier about things changing on us all the time. I mentioned that there wasn't a lighter in the store, and asked if they were locked away again. She looked baffled.

"I know you had them locked away at one time, then put them out again.  Just wondering if you're doing that again."

"There's no lighters?  No, we don't lock them up...maybe in south Medford but we don't do that here."

"It was in a different Walmart.  Doesn't matter."  I was remembering when they pulled Excedrin Migraine off the shelves because it was being used to cook up some drugs, but then they put them back on the shelves.  I guess the problem was solved.

I managed to talk my mechanic into coming over to take a look at the damage the squirrels did to my engine, hopefully today like he said; so I pressed YES to Want some Cash?

"I'd like twenties and two tens, please,"

"We don't use tens anymore, unless someone gives one to us."

"Why is that??"

"I dunno."

"Well, that proves my point."  The blank look on her face remained.

Some idiot threw fireworks out of their truck on the 4th, starting 5 fires in the area, one less than a mile away.

And people wonder why I want to leave.

1 comment:

  1. After reading your blog, I realized that I hadn't seen a ten-dollar bill in ages. The ATM spits out twenties and fives (and hundreds), but no tens. It seems that in 2010, the US didn't print any new ones for the first time in THIRTY years! In 2015, it was announced that a woman (Harriette Tubman?) would replace Hamilton, but then the play came out and was so popular, so the Treasury said they'd do it in 2020. But Mnuchin said there were more important things to do, so the new bill probably won't come out until 2026.
    So, I figure the old tens will either be worth something...or nothing. I'm going to be on the hunt for them. (While researching this, I saw a likeness of a man with orange hair on a ten spot.)

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.