"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Jun 29, 2021

Is This Southern Oregon?

Medford hit 115 degrees yesterday, 114 the day before.  It's 76 degrees at 6 in the morning.  Something blew at a power station on Sunday night, affecting 30,000 of us.  I couldn't open windows because when I stepped outside it felt like a blast of heat from a furnace. This is crazy.

I have a little 12 volt fan plus I flipped on my inverter so I could run a regular fan, but all that did was blow around the hot air.  The power was only out for an hour or so and they reported it was a 'malfunction' and not caused by too much demand, which is a good thing because this heat should continue for a few more days.

I'm continuing to paint my teardrop and read up on computer code.  I usually work about 3 hours before the heat becomes overwhelming, and yesterday that was 9am.  Poor BC got sick after a quick trip outside.  After performing any task I just want to sleep.  Right now it's 2am, the windows are open for a change and it feels WONDERFUL.  Only one more hour until Mrs. Fletcher solves 3 hours of mysteries, I became addicted to Murder, She Wrote during the pandemic.

As a reminder to Subscribers, Blogger will stop sending my posts to your email at some point in July, but hopefully I'll have my alternate plan set up by the time they do.  A lengthier explanation was included in my last post, in case you missed, "And then my water broke...". 

Think I'll go back to bed and hopefully dream of Alaska.  Good night, and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.