"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

May 16, 2021

"When it Rains, it Shits"

Charlie taught me that over 30 years ago, and it's just as true now as it was then. I'm currently dealing with a cracked hot water heater, again; last time was 2017. At first I thought the wet bathroom carpeting was an overflow from BC's bath-time yesterday, how did I miss that?  So I used about 1/2 roll of paper towels to mop it up, only to discover a couple hours later that the wet area was larger than before, what the hell?

So I took a flashlight and peeked into cabinets until I found the source. I have to call the RV repairman who hasn't come since I called back in September, but I could live with that clog. I am so ready to just say to Hell with the RV but I have no place else to live at the moment.

Naturally I'll pull up my big-girl panties and deal with it, but I needed this small pity-party, whiner-baby. What's the worst that can happen? The water continues to leak until the back end of the RV rots off. But it's only a 2 foot drop to the ground, and considering I lived on a boat where the drop was much deeper, and scarier, I guess this ain't so bad.  Plus our fire season started the other day and we've already had a couple.  So if this goes up in a puff of smoke, maybe I'll get one of those new trailers like FEMA's giving to last year's fire victims.

It's all relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.