"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Nov 3, 2020

Thank you, Looters, Skinheads and other Intolerants

For turning our country into a cesspool.  Armed guards protecting voting places and stores boarded up in every city in America?  This is the legacy of Donald Trump; and what stupefies (we) Never-Trumpers is why people would want another four years of this madness.

I repeat to others (and receive similar comments in response) that I'm glad my mother and father aren't alive to see what's going on now. I wish I wasn't here to see what's going on now; but I also repeat that God's keeping me alive until I'm at least 100, just to piss me off.

Therefore, I have no alternative other than bear witness to history, and what this place will look like in another 30-40 years. I sure hope some of my pals are around, but just like my parents, maybe I won't.

So as I signed off with my uncle yesterday (the only Trump supporter with whom I knowingly converse, I love him),

"I guess next time we speak we'll either have the same President or a different one."

And that's all anybody can really say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.