"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Mar 12, 2020

Lucky After All

I've got bleach, plus I've got isopropyl alcohol.  I am a lucky woman.

I already had full bottles because I buy that stuff but don't really clean; however, the only item out of stock in yesterday's online Walmart order was T.P.

"What, there's a run on toilet paper?"  I was joking, I thought, as I stood by the trunk while the gal loaded my groceries.

Emily looked at me like where've you been?

"Only brand in stock is Walmart's Great Value."

"How about the paper towels; or will I have to use leaves?"

"No, paper towels are in stock.

Good thing, because I'm down to a half-roll in the bathroom.

So watching this morning's gloom-and-doom news (Oregon's Gov. is restricting gatherings over 250), I considered my own health.

I'm still feeling those earlier symptoms of weakness, chills and achy body, which for several days I thought might have been side effects caused by the penicillin I was taking (for dental work).  But it's been 2 days since the medication ran out and I'm still experiencing the same, but not as bad as that first day.  I don't know if I'm really sick or if it's in my head; like taking those stupid hearing tests.  After a while all I hear is the buzzer.

Now, I know most people are yawning by this time because I am unknown; but I was just thinking about the following, and wondered how many others living alone have the same thought:

"I can't go to the doctor; what if I'm slapped in quarantine?  Who'll take care of BC?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.