"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Oct 14, 2019

"When I'm 64"

That's my tune this week as I hit another milestone.  Each year I treat myself to a gift even if I've nary a dime, when a hot rotisserie chicken from Walmart made me deliriously giddy all the way home. Yesterday I ordered a pair of finger-less knitted gloves for less than $10 because it popped up on my screen while Yahoo-ing.  I couldn't resist; it was totally impulsive but not entirely frivolous, if you've ever lived in an RV in the winter.

But that's not really my idea of a special gift so I'm putting some ideas down in print, which I tend to comprehend better than sound.  Let's see:

1.  Give up any acquaintances who support Donald Trump.  I don't want that kind of ugly thinking in my experience.  Family members don't count.

2.  Sell my RV, which for some reason is a desirable model; find an overseas location without a mandatory quarantine for animals; pack up BC for a nicer country than ours is becoming; and see how we land on our feet.

3.  Closer to home: store the RV; pack up BC; head for Canada, where pot's legal everywhere; and search for other ex-pats, and moose, just 'cause.

4.  Stay put and finish Ruff LifeStarting today, from my lips to God's ears.

I CHOOSE: # 4; a bit of 1; and begin planning 2.  Too cold for Canada now.

What will YOU do when Trump is re-elected by the brainless, bigoted bullies of #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.