"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Aug 23, 2013

Roadies Again

BC's wind-blown look
Well, this will be short.  BC and I are back on the road, heading home to Oregon.  Over time I will relate some of what transpired during the past 3 months; suffice it to say that this has been one of the most difficult episodes of my life.

I'd considered penning my own Dementia for Dummies, but I see others have already had that idea.  Let me just say, count yourselves lucky if your parents still have good mental faculties.  Physical difficulties are one thing, but having to remind a parent who you are, repeating information over and over, or just reminding a loved one why they have a toothbrush in their hand, breaks your heart like nothing else can.

But life goes on, and at the moment I'm trying to figure out how to get through all those forest fires out west in order to GET home.  Since the truck is packed to the gills, I need to take a swifter route than the leisurely southern route I took getting to 'Jersey just a few months ago.  We're in Illinois at the moment, where hot and humid is predicted throughout the region for days.  And us, without air conditioning.  I never got a radio, either, so I'm back to serenading BC for thousands of miles.

Ow-ooohh!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.