"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Nov 19, 2012

Hee-Haw!



Election Day, 2012
Donkey Pinata Gourd Art
Andrea Jansen
Congratulations to the winners; condolences to the losers. 
I worked a bit for a fellow who took the time to listen to a gripe, and put me in touch with others who are trying to help homeless and just-down-on-their-luck folk (like me) to find affordable housing, but let me be clear:  I didn’t vote for him, I just worked for him. I figured if I want his help, I can’t very well sit on my already-wide-enough como-se-llama and do nothing.
When (1) I can select candidates individually (should a party really matter?) and (2) the public's desire overrules the Electoral College, I’ll vote.
Andrea Jansen gourd art Pinatas

One fellow offered to cut his future salary by 10%.  Very nice, but we’ve all heard that before.
If they really want to impress me, how about offering to donate, while in office, all interest and dividends from their portfolios?  They get to keep the principal and after all, they do get a salary.
Here’s the prize:  if you become President, you get to keep it all.

I’m an equal opportunity artist.  As for my Donkey Gourd PiƱata, maybe someday you’ll see my Elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.